As a general nonprofit organization in Southern Idaho, this organization is formed to promote an understanding of the value of all immigrants and their contributions to the region’s competitive economy, workforce, and communities.
Why Did We Come Together?
In 2015, a small but vocal group of residents and outsiders began speaking out against our community’s refugee population. National bloggers picked up on the local movement, amplifying the message negativity, hatred, and racism far beyond Idaho. The negativity grew to include the immigrant labor force.
- Capitan for Twin Falls Police Department
- Board President Unity Alliance of Southern Idaho
Board Vice President:
- CEO of Idaho Milk Products
- Board Vice President Unity Alliance of Southern Idaho
UASI Executive Director:
- Executive Director of Unity Alliance of Southern Idaho
- Communications Director, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Board Treasurer of Unity Alliance of Southern Idaho
Our Goal is to have Representation from the entire Magic Valley (we are almost there)
- Education (school districts and College)
- Local Government
- Law Enforcement
- Faith Base organizations
- Non-profit organizations